Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RB[_2_] RB[_2_] is offline

Default Report writing woes

Hello,

I am writing a report that requires me to attach pictures(.jpg format)
as references. I am unable to copy and past it onto a word document as
I would like to label them as well. Could somebody help me with this?

RB
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_139_] Henk57[_139_] is offline

You can include .jpg's as a picture in Word. Assuming you use Word
2003, go to Insert/Picture/From file... and click the picture you want
to have inserted. Note that the way it is pasted is dictated by yr
settings. Use "in line with text" (Tools/Options/Edit [insert pictures
as].
Labelling can be done either automatically or manually. To do so
manually, right-click the picture and choose "Caption..." The figure
numbers (assuming you want to have them numbered) will update
automatically when new pictures are inserted (if not, press
;2517509']Hello,

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Use Insert, Picture, From File, not copy/paste. There is an icon that will do
this on the Picture Toolbar.
Use Insert, Reference, Caption, change Label to Figure or create your own
caption label. There is an icon in Customise, Insert, Caption which you can
place in your toolbars.
If you are doing loads of images, you can create an AutoText for the
caption. ie. Create the first caption, number and sample text (not too much
as this will need replacing) Select this text and the Paragraph Mark (this
maintains style formatting), Alt+F3, assign a unique name (ie Figure
Caption), Enter. Now when you want a figure caption, place the cursor where
you want it, type "figure" by the fourth character you will see a prompt for
the Figure Caption, Enter and Bob's-Your-Uncle you have your caption. Takes
longer to rwad this than to actually doing it! ;-)
Best of luck
DeanH

"RB" wrote:

Hello,

I am writing a report that requires me to attach pictures(.jpg format)
as references. I am unable to copy and past it onto a word document as
I would like to label them as well. Could somebody help me with this?

RB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Sorry, did not read your question very well. What do you mean by "attach
pictures as references"?
DeanH

Formatting woes Debbiedo New Users 2 June 7th 07 04:42 PM
Toolbar Woes Brenda Rueter New Users 1 May 10th 06 06:47 PM
Table woes Island Girl New Users 2 July 28th 05 07:49 PM
Template woes J_Gold Microsoft Word Help 3 May 15th 05 12:11 PM
Rules for writing a report? Sully Microsoft Word Help 1 February 1st 05 02:05 AM