Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill bill is offline

Default Macro Warning

Hi All,

I have recently migrated from Office Pro 2003 and XP Pro to Office Pro 2007
and XP Pro.

I have a document which is warning me about macros when opened in Word. I
have never written a Macro for the documet and when I go to
View....Macros....View Macros, there are no macros in the document. Please
can someone advise on what best to do.

Many thanks in advance,

Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

There could be a macro on a template (usually the Normal.dot) and not on the
document you have open. Word has many built-in Macros that could have this
warning if your Security setting is too high.
Check in Tools, Macro, Security or the equivalent in 2007.
Best of luck
DeanH

"Bill" wrote:

Hi All,

I have recently migrated from Office Pro 2003 and XP Pro to Office Pro 2007
and XP Pro.

I have a document which is warning me about macros when opened in Word. I
have never written a Macro for the documet and when I go to
View....Macros....View Macros, there are no macros in the document. Please
can someone advise on what best to do.

Many thanks in advance,

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Bill wrote:
Hi All,

I have recently migrated from Office Pro 2003 and XP Pro to Office
Pro 2007 and XP Pro.

I have a document which is warning me about macros when opened in
Word. I have never written a Macro for the documet and when I go to
View....Macros....View Macros, there are no macros in the document.
Please can someone advise on what best to do.

Many thanks in advance,

Bill

Word doesn't actually look for a macro when deciding whether to show that
warning; it's really looking for some bits in the file that indicate there
*may* be a macro. The bits it's seeing may simply be the result of random
damage.

To "clean" the file, open it (it doesn't matter whether you choose Disable
or Enable in the warning) and save it as an RTF file by changing the setting
in the "Save as type" box of the Save As dialog. Word will tell you that
macros will be lost, so click Continue. Now save the RTF document as a .doc
file. That file should open without warnings and have all the formatting of
the original. Assuming everything is ok, you can now delete the original and
rename the new copy with the old name.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill bill is offline

Hi Folks,

First of all to both of you, many thanks.

I tried Jay's solution first because I am running 2007 and it seemed to be
the "easiest"
Jay, it worked perfectly and the document appears 100% when converted back
to a 2003 .doc file.

Once again my thanks to both of you for your suggestions and the solution.

Cheers,

Bill