Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
antares antares is offline

Default Numbering in word

Suppose I have a couple of word documents.....and I collected all those files
in a singe file...how do I do a numbering for each document to remain and not
to account into total page numbering...what I mean suppose I have 2
procedures 3 and 5 pages respectively...if I unify this two files I will have
8 page document...but what if I want for first document to show "Page
1/3"...up to "page 3/3" and then on 4 th page it says "page 1/5"....up to
"page 5/5" ...

I have many procedure each multiple sections and plenty of pages.....

can anybody help me
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc Luc is offline

Antares,
Put a section break between the two documents. Then use the sectionpages
field (press ctrl+F9 and type sectionpages between the brackets in your
header/footer), to start from 1 in the second section click on the
formatting pagenumbers button in the header/footer toolbar and next to begin
with choose 1.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"antares" schreef in bericht
Suppose I have a couple of word documents.....and I collected all those
files
in a singe file...how do I do a numbering for each document to remain and
not
to account into total page numbering...what I mean suppose I have 2
procedures 3 and 5 pages respectively...if I unify this two files I will
have
8 page document...but what if I want for first document to show "Page
1/3"...up to "page 3/3" and then on 4 th page it says "page 1/5"....up to
"page 5/5" ...

I have many procedure each multiple sections and plenty of pages.....

can anybody help me
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Each time you want to restart page numbering in a Word document, insert a
section break. Then, for each section, restart the page numbering (via the
Page Number Format dialog box).

The total number of pages is calculated with the NUMPAGES field; press
Alt+F9 to see the { NUMPAGES } field code. Change NUMPAGES to SECTIONPAGES.
Press F9 to update. Press Alt+F9 again to hide field codes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"antares" wrote in message
Suppose I have a couple of word documents.....and I collected all those
files
in a singe file...how do I do a numbering for each document to remain and
not
to account into total page numbering...what I mean suppose I have 2
procedures 3 and 5 pages respectively...if I unify this two files I will
have
8 page document...but what if I want for first document to show "Page
1/3"...up to "page 3/3" and then on 4 th page it says "page 1/5"....up to
"page 5/5" ...

I have many procedure each multiple sections and plenty of pages.....

can anybody help me
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
antares antares is offline

Thank you for your reply...
As I understand SECTIONPAGES will give me number of pages in a section..and
next section will start again from 1 and so on...but how to number also
across a couple of sections?

Suppose my 8 page document has some two procedures, first is 3 page, second
is 5 page document and this 5 page document procedure has a couple of
sections..so in this case I choose "continue from previous" and my MAIN
question: how do I make 2 numberings?

One numbering shows me total page numbers "Page of total physical page
numbers" and another numbering shows me how many pages are in some part of my
word document for example to show me that my procedure 2 which has 5 pages
(and a couple of sections inside) will show me Page 1/5 up to page 5/5, and
in footer/header I will have also Page 4/8 up to page 8/8....
I can start numbering of each part of my word document from 1...but total
page number also changes into 1....
Please help if anybody can ...did I clearly said what I need?

"antares" wrote in message
Suppose I have a couple of word documents.....and I collected all those
files
in a singe file...how do I do a numbering for each document to remain and
not
to account into total page numbering...what I mean suppose I have 2
procedures 3 and 5 pages respectively...if I unify this two files I will
have
8 page document...but what if I want for first document to show "Page
1/3"...up to "page 3/3" and then on 4 th page it says "page 1/5"....up to
"page 5/5" ...

I have many procedure each multiple sections and plenty of pages.....

can anybody help me
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

This would require some field calculations. See
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm for the general principles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP