Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BoRed79 BoRed79 is offline

Default Mail Merge Problem

I am trying to do a mail merge from an Excel data source.

The mail merge appears to complete sucessfully, but when I look through the
merged data the last 100 or so records appear to be missing.

I have gone back and started again and noticed that in the bit where I
select the data source, it is not picking up the last 100 or so rows in the
list - thus explaining why they are not being merged.

I am at a loss, however, to discover how to get the information into word -
as nothing seems to make a difference.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Clearly there is something wrong with the record at the point where the
merge stops, but without access to the data it is hard to suggest what the
problem might be. One thing you can try is to export the data to a CSV
(comma delimited text) format, open that in Word and convert to a table (see
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm ). This may help
identify or eliminate the problem.

BoRed79 wrote:
I am trying to do a mail merge from an Excel data source.

The mail merge appears to complete sucessfully, but when I look
through the merged data the last 100 or so records appear to be
missing.

I have gone back and started again and noticed that in the bit where I
select the data source, it is not picking up the last 100 or so rows
in the list - thus explaining why they are not being merged.

I am at a loss, however, to discover how to get the information into
word - as nothing seems to make a difference.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Did you check your datasource and verify there aren't any empty rows at the
break? Note that it might be hidden so check for that too. Otherwise, are
you using a Named range or the entire worksheet when you select your
datasource for the merge? If you are using a Named range then it sounds like
the Named range needs to be modified.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

mail merge problem JoeWebMan Mailmerge 1 October 6th 05 07:42 PM
Insert Merge Field problem with Word-Mail Merge from Excel documen Augusta E. Microsoft Word Help 2 June 20th 05 10:59 AM
Mail Merge To Doc Problem goraya Mailmerge 1 June 18th 05 10:06 PM
Mail Merge problem Simon Microsoft Word Help 0 April 5th 05 01:05 PM
mail merge problem Govind Mailmerge 1 March 7th 05 07:04 AM