Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KnottyFo KnottyFo is offline

Default Format/Bullets

A while back I was taking notes in bullet format and I accidentally hit
something on my computer and now I cannot take notes in a bulleted format
anymore. Whatever I did is prohibiting me from being able to have a heading
and then hit return and have an indented subheading and then further indents,
etc.

i.e.

A. MS Word Troubles
I. Did I Hit Something
iii. What did I hit
II. Or did it konk out on it's own
iii. and if so, what do I do

Now when I create my initial bullet and hit return and tab I get the indent,
but no bullet or outlining indicator (roman numeral, number, letter)
accompanies the indent.

The only way I can keep some type of outline is to click the outline tab on
the lower left corner of the page, but that is far from ideal.

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

On the AutoFormat As You Type tab of the Tools | AutoCorrect Options dialog
box, check the "Set first- and left-indent with tabs and backspaces" option.
You should now be able to change the numbering level as you did previously.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP