Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JD JD is offline

Default Downloading Templates

I've tried repeatedly to download greeting card templates from the Office
Home site. The chosen card displays on screen, I click "Download," a small
IE window opens (for a second) and I read "Downloading." I'm not asked which
folder to direct the download to, and all I get is a blank document.
In the past I've successfully downloaded templates from this site. All of
the "controls" are installed and enabled.
What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

See if emptying your temporary cache makes a difference. In Internet Explorer,
tools, Internet Options, delete files.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"JD" wrote in message
I've tried repeatedly to download greeting card templates from the Office Home
site. The chosen card displays on screen, I click "Download," a small IE
window opens (for a second) and I read "Downloading." I'm not asked which
folder to direct the download to, and all I get is a blank document.
In the past I've successfully downloaded templates from this site. All of the
"controls" are installed and enabled.
What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JD JD is offline

Hi Mary,
I tried your suggestion. Still no joy. Any other suggestions?

"JD" wrote in message
I've tried repeatedly to download greeting card templates from the Office
Home site. The chosen card displays on screen, I click "Download," a
small IE window opens (for a second) and I read "Downloading." I'm not
asked which folder to direct the download to, and all I get is a blank
document.
In the past I've successfully downloaded templates from this site. All of
the "controls" are installed and enabled.
What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JD JD is offline

I note that I found the "downloaded" Word document templates in the Temp
folder. They are titled and identified as templates, but alas, blank. 'Tis a
mystery.

"JD" wrote in message
I've tried repeatedly to download greeting card templates from the Office
Home site. The chosen card displays on screen, I click "Download," a
small IE window opens (for a second) and I read "Downloading." I'm not
asked which folder to direct the download to, and all I get is a blank
document.
In the past I've successfully downloaded templates from this site. All of
the "controls" are installed and enabled.
What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Templates usually open the program, then you save as.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"JD" wrote in message
I've tried repeatedly to download greeting card templates from the Office
Home site. The chosen card displays on screen, I click "Download," a small
IE window opens (for a second) and I read "Downloading." I'm not asked which
folder to direct the download to, and all I get is a blank document.
In the past I've successfully downloaded templates from this site. All of
the "controls" are installed and enabled.
What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JD JD is offline

Well, that has been the procedure here. However, the saved documents are
still empty.
I wonder. Is there some setting in Options, some box that's checked or
unchecked, that might be making these pictures invisible--even in Print
Preview?
I'm at a loss.

"JD" wrote in message
I've tried repeatedly to download greeting card templates from the
Office Home site. The chosen card displays on screen, I click
"Download," a small IE window opens (for a second) and I read
"Downloading." I'm not asked which folder to direct the download to,
and all I get is a blank document.
In the past I've successfully downloaded templates from this site. All
of the "controls" are installed and enabled.
What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you don't have "Drawing objects" checked on the Print tab of Tools |
Options, then you won't see wrapped graphics or text boxes in Print Preview.
And if you don't have "Drawings" checked on the View tab of Tools | Options,
you won't see them in Print Layout view, either (and you will never see them
in Normal view).

"JD" wrote in message
I've tried repeatedly to download greeting card templates from the
Office Home site. The chosen card displays on screen, I click
"Download," a small IE window opens (for a second) and I read
"Downloading." I'm not asked which folder to direct the download to,
and all I get is a blank document.
In the past I've successfully downloaded templates from this site. All
of the "controls" are installed and enabled.
What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JD JD is offline

Suzanne,
You've done me a great service--and not for the first time I might add.
I checked the indicated boxes--and there was a beautiful Santa and Christmas
Tree displayed in my doc.
Thank you very much.