Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gene L. Gene L. is offline

Default Parallel columns

How can I set up a portion of a page with two parallel columns and a line
down the middle between them. The columns should each be about 4 inches
wide. Can this be set up for frequent use in the future?

Thank you for your time and your help.

Gene L.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ingColumns.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

If you don't want the automatic column "wrap", ie where text goes into column
2 when column 1 extends far enough down, try using a borderless table of two
columns, obviously with a single border inbetween the columns. These columns
can then be sized to the dimensions you require.
Using a table negates the requirement for Continuous Section Breaks.
Hope this helps
DeanH

wrote:

How can I set up a portion of a page with two parallel columns and a line
down the middle between them. The columns should each be about 4 inches
wide. Can this be set up for frequent use in the future?

Thank you for your time and your help.

Gene L.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ingColumns.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gene L. Gene L. is offline

Thanks to Jan and Dean for the early (and helpful) advice on this question.

Best regards,
Gene L.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Jan and Dean... sounds like a pop duo from the sixties!

But I'm sure you really meant JAY and Dean.

Terry