Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ivanl Ivanl is offline

Default not a macro input box

Hello,

I received some template word 2003 files recently. When I opend them, I am
prompted for information from something that looks like an input box.

(e.g. What is your city of birth?) when I input Toronto, and press ok,
Toronto is populated into a certain section of the word document.

Thing is, there are no macros. What is this thing?

Thanks,

Ivan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Ivanl wrote:
Hello,

I received some template word 2003 files recently. When I opend
them, I am prompted for information from something that looks like an
input box.

(e.g. What is your city of birth?) when I input Toronto, and press
ok, Toronto is populated into a certain section of the word document.

Thing is, there are no macros. What is this thing?

Thanks,

Ivan

Probably an ASK or FILLIN field somewhere in the document.

If that's the case, the box will pop up any time you update fields in the
document. Generally that will be on creating a new document based on the
template or on printing the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ivanl Ivanl is offline

thanks.

now I have to figure out how to use the functionality.