Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
katmagic katmagic is offline

Default View in Office 2007

How do I view a document so the display shows one page? I think it used to
be called "normal" view in older versions of Office. Now in any of the
views currently available I see all pages with the page breaks displaying.
I want to see one page, then hit next to see the next page, etc. Thanks for
your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

What used to be called Normal View is known as Draft View in Word 2007.
However, how much content displays at one time is controlled by the Zoom
settings regardless of which View you're actually using.

Manual page breaks (Ctrl+Enter) display as dotted lines (labeled as Page
Break) when in Draft View if you have non-printing characters (¶) displayed.
Otherwise they display as unlabeled dotted lines. Natural page breaks are
indicated by unlabeled dotted lines regardless of whether the ¶s are
displayed or not.

You can best view one full page at a time in either Reading Layout View or
Print Layout View. In Reading Layout View use the View Options button (upper
right) to set to Show One Page if necessary. In Print Layout View click the
Zoom % (lower right) & select Whole Page or go to the View Tab % select One
Page in the Zoom group.

Happy Hollidays |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac