Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shoe Shoe is offline

Default combining multiple word doc & retaining origininal format of each

I have 6 different word documents that each have a different format (i.e.
font, background color, pictures, etc).

I basically want to "staple" all the documents together in their original
formats and put page numbers and sections so that I can build a table of
contents to assemble it.

Suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OxfordCleric OxfordCleric is offline

At the end of the first document, insert a section break (I would use Next
Page here) and then insert your files into the original--inserting a section
break at the end of each. The breaks will allow you to have different page
layout settings for each section.
"Shoe" wrote:

I have 6 different word documents that each have a different format (i.e.
font, background color, pictures, etc).

I basically want to "staple" all the documents together in their original
formats and put page numbers and sections so that I can build a table of
contents to assemble it.

Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OxfordCleric OxfordCleric is offline

At the end of your first document, insert a section break from the Insert
menu (I would use a Next Page section break) then insert the second file. As
you continue building your combined document keep inserting a break before
you insert each file. The section break will allow you to keep your page
formatting for each document.

"Shoe" wrote:

I have 6 different word documents that each have a different format (i.e.
font, background color, pictures, etc).

I basically want to "staple" all the documents together in their original
formats and put page numbers and sections so that I can build a table of
contents to assemble it.

Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Unfortunately this will not work as background is a document setting and not
a section setting.
If the separate documents have different formatting but the same style
names, then something will have to give there too