Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lincoln Beck Lincoln Beck is offline

Default reformat automatic date from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy

How can I reformat the auto date from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy. I am using a
"memo" form from templates which has a drop down to select a date which I
would like in the format described above.

Lincoln Beck
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

If this is the English UK version you probably have the Windows date
settings set to English US, hence the wrong date format. Check the language
setting for the template too: that may be set for English US.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Lincoln Beck" Lincoln wrote in message
How can I reformat the auto date from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy. I am using
"memo" form from templates which has a drop down to select a date which I
would like in the format described above.

Lincoln Beck

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

What version of Word? Word 2007? Does the drop down have a blue frame around
it? If so, then click the Date Picker (Content Control) and on the Developer
tab click Properties. There you'll find the ability to change the date
format for the Content Control. Note if you are using a custom date format
you need to use a capital M for the month, such as: dd/MM/yyyy.

If you do not see the Developer tab, click the Office Button, click Word
Options, and on the Popular tab click "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon".

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word