Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Windy Rain Windy Rain is offline

Default HELP- I can't edit the pfd that was converted to word

Is there anyway to get the document I scanned and copied as a pdf that was
converted into word to not have boxes. Everything is boxed and this doesn't
allow me to simply make changes. When I make changes it changes other places
and soon stuff farther down the page is on top of the stuff I'm trying to
edit.

VERY frustrating- not like my old word program.
I want to get rid of the boxes and just edit.

Is there any way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Without knowing how you got it from a piece of paper to an electronic file,
I would have to guess it was some funky software that put your text inside
text boxes. You can try selecting everything and clearing the format but I'm
not sure if it will work. I do know that it will strip it back to plain
text. (I'd start over again with different OCR software.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Windy Rain" Windy wrote in message
Is there anyway to get the document I scanned and copied as a pdf that was
converted into word to not have boxes. Everything is boxed and this
doesn't
allow me to simply make changes. When I make changes it changes other
places
and soon stuff farther down the page is on top of the stuff I'm trying to
edit.

VERY frustrating- not like my old word program.
I want to get rid of the boxes and just edit.

Is there any way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If your converted document is editable then the 'boxes' will be frames.

This has nothing to do with the Word version. PDF files are graphical
representations of the document. They are not intended to be edited. Using
Acrobat to create editable documents from PDF files often produces such a
dog's breakfast. You can remove the frames, but it will screw up the layout.

Your best bet, if you don't have access to the original document in editable
form is to use OCR software either on the original printed document or on
the PDF. Finereader should so the job.

Windy Rain wrote:
Is there anyway to get the document I scanned and copied as a pdf
that was converted into word to not have boxes. Everything is boxed
and this doesn't allow me to simply make changes. When I make changes
it changes other places and soon stuff farther down the page is on
top of the stuff I'm trying to edit.

VERY frustrating- not like my old word program.
I want to get rid of the boxes and just edit.

Is there any way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

And to add to these replies, if the OCR has used Frames (which is what they
normally use) to keep the text in their original place, you will find listed
in Word's commands list a Remove All Frames command.

You will have to tidy the document afterwards but the command does make life
a little easier.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP