Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BKm&m BKm&m is offline

Default Setting different first and second page margins in Word 2000

My office uses Word 2000. I am trying to create a document template that will
have different margins between first page and consecutive pages (first and
second page letterhead). I can't get it to work. I have tried inserting a
page break between first and second pages but when you type in the document
it just scrolls the page break down the page and onto the next.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BKm&m[_2_] BKm&m[_2_] is offline

Thank you for your speedy response to my inquiry. I did go to your website
and actually printed out the pages for your link but that is not what I am
looking for. We use preprinted letterhead, first page with a top and side
image and consecutive pages that have no letterhead. The template that we
type in is blank and then prints onto office letterhead. I need to change the
margins in the template to reflect our new letterhead margin settings. Maybe
I am just not understanding the directions on your link. I'm stumped.

"BKm&m" wrote in message
My office uses Word 2000. I am trying to create a document template that
will
have different margins between first page and consecutive pages (first and
second page letterhead). I can't get it to work. I have tried inserting a
page break between first and second pages but when you type in the
document
it just scrolls the page break down the page and onto the next.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi TedMi is offline

Insert empty text boxes that cover the area of the page where the preprinted
letterhead appears. Using Format Text Box, Layout, set Wrapping Style to
Square. You can then position the boxes at the appropriate distance from top
and left edges of the paper, without changing the margins. Remove the borders
from the text boxes.
--
TedMi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Did you read the "More complex letterhead" section in the cited article?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"BKm&m" wrote in message
My office uses Word 2000. I am trying to create a document template
that
will
have different margins between first page and consecutive pages (first
and
second page letterhead). I can't get it to work. I have tried inserting
page break between first and second pages but when you type in the
document
it just scrolls the page break down the page and onto the next.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Did you read the section headed "Creating a header for preprinted
letterhead"? Follow that for the first page, then read the "Letterhead for a
multi-page letter" section for the rest.

"BKm&m" wrote in message
My office uses Word 2000. I am trying to create a document template
that
will
have different margins between first page and consecutive pages (first
and
second page letterhead). I can't get it to work. I have tried inserting
page break between first and second pages but when you type in the
document
it just scrolls the page break down the page and onto the next.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Text boxes are not necessary or desirable for top or bottom margins (though
they may be required if there are elements on the side). You can accomplish
exactly the same thing using Spacing Before/After, as explained in the
article.

"tedmi" wrote in message
Insert empty text boxes that cover the area of the page where the
preprinted
letterhead appears. Using Format Text Box, Layout, set Wrapping Style to
Square. You can then position the boxes at the appropriate distance from
top
and left edges of the paper, without changing the margins. Remove the
borders
from the text boxes.
--
TedMi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BKm&m[_2_] BKm&m[_2_] is offline

New problem....I inserted a text box in the left margin as instructed while
in the first page header pane. The size and placement is correct and I
changed the wrapping to square. When I save the document and go back in the
wrapping has reverted back to the default "in front of text". Everything else
is still the same. How do I get the square setting to stick?