Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DH DH is offline

Default heading2 in TOC is different from others

I have created one doc with heading1, heading2 and generated a TOC. However
only one specific heading2 show in TOC is different from others (without the
dotted line). I have tried to add different heading2 in same doc for test and
it was also same as the different one before.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

What happens if you select the entry and press Ctrl+Q? Also, is the entry
significantly longer or shorter than the rest? (This can cause problems
related to the position of tab stops.)

"DH" wrote in message
I have created one doc with heading1, heading2 and generated a TOC. However
only one specific heading2 show in TOC is different from others (without
the
dotted line). I have tried to add different heading2 in same doc for test
and
it was also same as the different one before.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DH DH is offline

I pressed Ctri+Q and it is stil the same. Yes! It is shorter than others, how
can I fix it? Thx!

DH

"DH" wrote in message
I have created one doc with heading1, heading2 and generated a TOC. However
only one specific heading2 show in TOC is different from others (without
the
dotted line). I have tried to add different heading2 in same doc for test
and
it was also same as the different one before.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Is it so short that there is an intermediate tab stop to the right of it? If
so, then the tab Word inserts for the page number is going to that tab stop
instead of the one at the right margin. There's not much way you can fix it
except to either move/delete the tab stop or make the entry longer (if it's
a left-aligned heading in the text, you could add a series of spaces, ending
in a nonbreak space), or you could add a tab character after the heading and
add the \w switch to the TOC field to preserve the tab.