drh05

Default dictionary in word not working

The spell check in word in office xp version 2002 has quit working. When I
run spell check is doesn't suggest any spelling. Spell check still works in
excel just fine. Can I get some help?
Graham Mayor

The ability to spell check is determined by matching the language of your
text to the language of your dictionary. Check tools language.

drh05 wrote:
The spell check in word in office xp version 2002 has quit working.
When I run spell check is doesn't suggest any spelling. Spell check
still works in excel just fine. Can I get some help?

drh05

Language is English. When I pasted some test into doc. I got underlined miss
spelling. Then I changed the style to normal web, like the style I had
pasted, and then could see all the misspellings in doc.

Thought all was good. However went an opened another doc and started typing
and it didn't catch any misspellings, even when I changed style to noral web
like before.

drh05 wrote:
The spell check in word in office xp version 2002 has quit working.
When I run spell check is doesn't suggest any spelling. Spell check
still works in excel just fine. Can I get some help?

Graham Mayor

In the aforementioned language dialog is the 'do not check spelling'
checkbox checked?
What are the proofing setiings in your paragraph style definition?
What defaults do you have set in tools options spelling?

Rather than go through a selection of possibilities it would be simpler if
you looked through the troubleshooting tips at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm which if followed
to their conclusuion will allow you to reconfigure Word as it was originally
installed.