Posted to microsoft.public.office.setup,microsoft.public.officeupdate,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Baxter Tom Baxter is offline

Default ??? Office 2003 SP3 on Office 2007 -- WHY ???

Hi all,

This has been driving me nuts for the past few weeks so I thought I'd
finally ask.

I'm running Office 2007. I do not have and never have had Office 2003 on
this machine. Nonetheless, whenever I go to the Microsoft Update site I am
constantly prompted to download Office 2003 Service Pack 3! I don't *have*
Office 2003, why is it being forced down my throat? I don't want to pollute
my system with unneeded updates.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this.

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.office.setup,microsoft.public.officeupdate,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
neo [mvp outlook] neo [mvp outlook] is offline

Check your add/remove programs for an earlier version of Office Web
Components (e.g. Office 2003 Web Components). If listed, this is why you
are being offered Office 2003 SP3.

"Tom Baxter" wrote in message
Hi all,

This has been driving me nuts for the past few weeks so I thought I'd
finally ask.

I'm running Office 2007. I do not have and never have had Office 2003 on
this machine. Nonetheless, whenever I go to the Microsoft Update site I am
constantly prompted to download Office 2003 Service Pack 3! I don't *have*
Office 2003, why is it being forced down my throat? I don't want to
pollute my system with unneeded updates.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this.

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.office.setup,microsoft.public.officeupdate,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Baxter Tom Baxter is offline