Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patti GL Patti GL is offline

Default Is there a way to number the columns in a doc like page #'s?

I am creating a document that is typed in two columns. This document is a
book-type document. I need to place a page number at the bottom of the page
for each column. Is there a way to do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Jan 16, 1:32*pm, Patti GL
wrote:
I am creating a document that is typed in two columns. *This document is a
book-type document. *I need to place a page number at the bottom of the page
for each column. *Is there a way to do that?

Do you want the page number repeated under each column, or do you want
each column to have its own consecutive number (like in some big
encyclopedias)?

Also you should say what version of Word you use.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unless each page is a page, you don't really want to number the columns. If
each column is meant to be a page (as I suspect from your description of "a
book-type document"), then you need to be using "Book fold" or "2 pages per
sheet" (in the Page Setup dialog) instead.