Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dms dms is offline

Default Why are the file sizes so big? (800Kb for a one page document)

I have started a document and right now, it is a little over a page, yet the
file size is about 800Kb. Something like this in Word 2003 would be less than
30Kb. Is there a way to make the size smaller?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi DMS,

Generall, Word 2007 .docx files will be comparable to or smaller than their Word 2003 .doc counterparts, but not always. What
document format are you using in File=Save As?

Other than text, what content do you have in the document (pasted pictures, etc)?

========
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP