Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ADKR ADKR is offline

Default Start Menu Open Document

Office 2007, XP Home, Classic Start Menu

After installing 2007 I no longer have these two commands on my start menu:

Open Office Document
New Office Document

I would like to have them. Ideas appreciated. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Click on Start | Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs | Microsoft
Office 2007 | Change | Add or Remove Features | Installation Options
tab. Click on the little downward-pointing triangle to the left of
Office Shared Features to expand the category. Click on the little
downward-pointing triangle to the left of New and Open Office Documents
Shortcuts, click Run from My Computer | Continue | Update.

ADKR wrote:

Office 2007, XP Home, Classic Start Menu

After installing 2007 I no longer have these two commands on my start menu:

Open Office Document
New Office Document

I would like to have them. Ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ADKR ADKR is offline

Thanks, not only did that work, but you led me the area where I can customize
the installation. I'm sure, knowing this, I can get myself in all sorts of
hot water!

ADKR wrote:

Office 2007, XP Home, Classic Start Menu

After installing 2007 I no longer have these two commands on my start menu:

Open Office Document
New Office Document

I would like to have them. Ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Socalreporter Socalreporter is offline

I did this, and it didn't work. It seemed to run through updating, and then
the items were not on the start menu. I must be missing something obvious.
I'd really appreciate your help if you have any ideas.

ADKR wrote:

Office 2007, XP Home, Classic Start Menu

After installing 2007 I no longer have these two commands on my start menu:

Open Office Document
New Office Document

I would like to have them. Ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Reporter,

Office setup usually creates the setup but the old style New and Open Office document shortcuts don't always autopin themselves to
the Start menu. The 'New Office Document' shortcut doesn't take you to the New Document pane that you find in Word 2007 for example
but to the link you would get to from Office Files Button=New and then clicking on 'My Templates'.

In Windows XP, after installing the New & Open Office document choices, right click on the Start button, choose Explore (All user or
the name of the current user) and you should see the shortcuts. Right click on each one and choose 'Pin to Start menu'.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP