Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SBALLxGIRL SBALLxGIRL is offline

Default word got deleted

Omygosh help me

my dad or someone deleted my word program and I NEED it back asap and i know
i need to do some sort of recovery disk thing but HOW
which disk would it be on?
and how do i fix it?

PLEASE HELP ASAP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

It's not that easy to "delete" an entire program. It's *is* possible that
your shortcut was deleted. Did you look to see if it still shows up in the
Control Panel? If not, it will either be on a disk that says Works Suite or
Office, depending on which one you bought.

The recovery disk would correct/replace Windows files. A completely
different critter.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"SBALLxGIRL" wrote in message
Omygosh help me

my dad or someone deleted my word program and I NEED it back asap and i
know
i need to do some sort of recovery disk thing but HOW
which disk would it be on?
and how do i fix it?

PLEASE HELP ASAP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As JoAnn says, it's highly unlikely that you've "deleted" or uninstalled the
program. Try this: find a Word document (there may be one on the Recent
Documents menu on the Start menu). If it starts Word when you click or
double-click on it, then Word is still installed.

In My Computer, choose Tools | Folder Options and, on the View tab, choose
"Show hidden files and folders." Then search for "winword.exe." When you
find it, right-click and choose Create Shortcut. Windows will tell you it
can't create a shortcut in the Search Results window and ask if you want it
on the desktop. Say OK. Now double-click that to start Word.

"SBALLxGIRL" wrote in message
Omygosh help me

my dad or someone deleted my word program and I NEED it back asap and i
know
i need to do some sort of recovery disk thing but HOW
which disk would it be on?
and how do i fix it?

PLEASE HELP ASAP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SBALLxGIRL SBALLxGIRL is offline

No really i mean it had the shortcut but was blank and i clicked on it and it
said that this option was only 'valid' or something for the installed program
and then it would not run
plus it is not on the list of like all the stuff that is on the computer
:[

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You *may* be able to use System Restore to restore Windows to a time you
*know* it was working, but your best policy is to reinstall from the
original disc. If this is an OEM pre-installed copy, then how easy that will
be to do without wrecking everything else would rather depend on how the
pre-install was provided. For that you'll need to chat with the supplier of
the PC.

SBALLxGIRL wrote:
Omygosh help me

my dad or someone deleted my word program and I NEED it back asap and
i know i need to do some sort of recovery disk thing but HOW
which disk would it be on?
and how do i fix it?

PLEASE HELP ASAP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

1. Reinstall Word from the Works or Office disks.
2. Tell your dad or someone to refrain from uninstalling programs without
notifying you.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]