Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ross Clarke Ross Clarke is offline

Default HELP! Non-Standard Word Icon

When my computer was delivered it had Works 8.5 installed on it and when I
transferred my files I associated .doc files with Works Word Processor. Then
I installed Office 2007 and Word didn't take the .doc association so I used
Open With... to specify Word as the default program. I then uninstalled
Works. My problem is that Open With... Made the icon for a .doc file a sheet
of paper with the Word Logo inside it, not the default logo. Does anybody
now how I can get the icon back to the 'proper' Word one? It isn't a
problem, as such, but it would be nice to get it fixed. Any help is welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Ross,

What is the logo you were expecting? For Word 2007 the logo with 'paper' for a document is the default (actually one of a series of
variants for .doc, .docx, .docm, .dotx, .dotm, .rtf).

In Windows Explorer you can use Tools=Folder Options=File Types,
select .doc (or other) file type then Select
Advanced=Change Icon
to select another.

==============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ross Clarke Ross Clarke is offline

There is no File Types option in Folder Options.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Ross,

Are you using Windows XP? If you open Windows Explorer (you can right click on the Start button and choose 'Explore') and go to
Tools=Folder Options
what are the names of the tabs in the 'Folder Options' dialog?