Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ossie Ossie is offline

Default Text bunched up when sent to print

When I send a job to print, the font (Times Roman 12 True Type) bunches up
and is not readable. If I remembered to save the document before printing I
can close Word, reopen the file and it is fine

However if I did not save I have to select all and change the font to Aria.
I can read the file, then I save the document, close Word, reopen and change
the font back to Times Roman and the document is fine.

What causes this ... this seems to be happening more frequently with other
co-workers.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

According to contributor Bob Buckland: "It's a bug that somehow seems to
have Word misreading temporary files related to the printer currently in
use. You can usually 'unscramble' the display from File=Print and switch
to the printer properties or to another printer then your normal one, or
close Word and delete all files found on Start=Search and looking for
~$*.*;*.tmp as the name string then restarting Word." See also
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm