Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
William William is offline

Default CAN'T PROTECT DOCUMENT

Word 2007/VISTA

I am working in a document that has a good number of text form fields. I
had been protecting and unprotecting the document for a couple of hours,
entering info, etc. All of a sudden, the "Yes, start enforcing protection"
button became greyed out, and I can't edit in the form fields. The "Allow
only this type of editing . . ." box is checked with "Filling in forms"
selected. The only thing I am aware of that I was doing differently just
before noticing the problem was trying to add an Active X text box and Option
button to the document. I deleted these, and then noticed that I could no
longer protect the document. Ideas.
--
William
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Since you have been experimenting with ActiveX controls, Design Mode is
likely to be turned on. Click to turn it off; you'll find the option in the
Controls group of the Developer tab. Then you will be able to click the
Yes, Start Enforcing Protection button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP