Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dbfpuc dbfpuc is offline

Default How do I create an index for multiple word documents?

I'm using Word 2007 and need to create an index using 10 or more different
word documents using a list of words and phrases. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Use RD fields; see this article:

Creating a Table of Contents Spanning Multiple Documents

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dbfpuc" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2007 and need to create an index using 10 or more different
word documents using a list of words and phrases. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What does "RD" stand for?

It doesn't look as though that article can be saved to disk! (Only
printed out, and subsequently lost.)

It also doesn't look as if that technique could be adapted for an

Creating a Table of Contents Spanning Multiple Documentshttp://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=148

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dbfpuc" wrote in message

I'm using Word 2007 and need to create an index using 10 or more different
word documents using a list of words and phrases. *Is this possible?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

Check out this article, which provides a little more basic info...

Compiling Sub Docs
http://www.mousetrax.com/mastdoc.html

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified Instructor, Editor/TechTrax Ezine
Tech Editor for Word & Office 2007 Bibles
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Dian.Chapman

Free PC Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word Tricks eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

"dbfpuc" wrote in message

I'm using Word 2007 and need to create an index using 10 or more different
word documents using a list of words and phrases. *Is this possible?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

But note that for Word 2007 users, that help topic (along with most of the
help topics on field codes) is missing from *offline* Help. sigh

If you connect to Office online, you'll see it, though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP