Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Simon B Simon B is offline

Default Some answers please, otherwise its old Word 2000 for me!!!

When creating a new document in Word 2007, should it not automatically be
saved as a Word 2007 document, ie docx? My PC seems to pick and choose how it
saves things.

Why does Word 2007 sometimes randomly save my files as shortcuts?

Also, my computer has 'lost' documents, they have been created correctly and
saved correctly, then when I return a couple of days later, they have
disappeared!!!

Please could anyone answer these questions in 'laymans' terms.

Many many thanks..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

"Simon B" wrote in message
When creating a new document in Word 2007, should it not automatically be
saved as a Word 2007 document, ie docx? My PC seems to pick and choose how
it
saves things.

Click Office button | Word Options, Save category. Choose the desired option
for "Save files in this format."

Why does Word 2007 sometimes randomly save my files as shortcuts?

Where do you see these shortcuts?

Also, my computer has 'lost' documents, they have been created correctly
and
saved correctly, then when I return a couple of days later, they have
disappeared!!!

Where did you save the documents? Did you search for them in Windows?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Please could anyone answer these questions in 'laymans' terms.

Many many thanks..

Create a quiz that can check answers in an MS Word form malcomio Microsoft Word Help 0 December 28th 07 10:15 AM
Word Counts with different answers Gareth Edwards Microsoft Word Help 2 January 31st 06 03:15 PM
REGARDING ANSWERS Khawar Ahmad Microsoft Word Help 1 July 8th 05 05:11 PM
Answers Dodger Jim Page Layout 2 June 8th 05 08:52 PM
How do I export the ANSWERS to a survey done in a Word document (. Beth Melton Microsoft Word Help 0 February 22nd 05 01:25 AM