Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Coyote46 Coyote46 is offline

Default Remove track changes

I have a document that when you type or delete, it is automatically set up to
track changes. How do I undo a track change, i.e. a sentence was deleted and
now should be back in? I tried the menu for track changes, but the option is
grayed out. I assume this is some kind of macro????? Thanks so much!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Jan 22, 7:11*pm, Coyote46
wrote:
I have a document that when you type or delete, it is automatically set up to
track changes. *How do I undo a track change, i.e. a sentence was deleted and
now should be back in? *I tried the menu for track changes, but the option is
grayed out. *I assume this is some kind of macro????? *Thanks so much!

In Word2003, if the Reviewing toolbar is showing, click the rightmost
icon (a yellow page icon). That turns Track Changes on and off. If the
Reviewing toolbar isn't showing, double-click the "TRK" down in the
status bar, or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-E.

To undo a Track Change, select it (the left and right arrows in the
Reviewing toolbars take you to the previous and next changes) and
click the X icon in the Reviewing toolbar. (I _wish_ there were a
keyboard shortcut for it.) To accept a Track Change, click the
Checkmark icon in the Reviewing toolbar. Next to those two icons are
little triangles that give you drop-down menus where you can Accept
All Changes or Reject All Changes.