Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robyn Robyn is offline

Default Invisible Page Breaks

I am using Word 2007. When I insert a page break (either by using CTRL+Enter
or clicking the Page Break button on the Insert tab), it will insert an
invisible page break--there's another page, but not the dotted lines and
"page break" that are what is usually displayed in earlier versions of Word.

Pls. help! I've been going bonkers trying to figure this out because
invisible page breaks look just like more spaces between paragraphs!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:52:01 -0800, Robyn
wrote:

I am using Word 2007. When I insert a page break (either by using CTRL+Enter
or clicking the Page Break button on the Insert tab), it will insert an
invisible page break--there's another page, but not the dotted lines and
"page break" that are what is usually displayed in earlier versions of Word.

Pls. help! I've been going bonkers trying to figure this out because
invisible page breaks look just like more spaces between paragraphs!

In Word 2007, in addition to displaying the document in Draft view (formerly
Normal view), you have to display nonprinting characters (press the ¶ button on
the Home ribbon or press Ctrl+Shift+8) to see the page break.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Robyn,

To view the manual page breaks in Word 2007 you'll likely need to turn on the viewing of non-printing characters on the Ribbon from
Home=Paragraph=Show/Hide

Office Button=Word Tools=Display

doesn't seem to show them full time when turning on 'optional breaks'

===========
"Robyn" wrote in message ...
I am using Word 2007. When I insert a page break (either by using CTRL+Enter
or clicking the Page Break button on the Insert tab), it will insert an
invisible page break--there's another page, but not the dotted lines and
"page break" that are what is usually displayed in earlier versions of Word.

Pls. help! I've been going bonkers trying to figure this out because
invisible page breaks look just like more spaces between paragraphs!
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robyn Robyn is offline

So what you're saying is that page break marks won't appear automatically as
with previous version of Word? The only way to view it is by turning on the
Show/Hide feature?