Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ross Clarke Ross Clarke is offline

Default HELP! Word Icon Display

When my computer was delivered it had Works 8.5 installed on it and when I
transferred my files I associated .doc files with Works Word Processor. Then
I installed Office 2007 and Word didn't take the .doc association so I used
Open With... to specify Word as the default program. I then uninstalled
Works. My problem is that Open With... Made the icon for a .doc file a sheet
of paper with the Word Logo inside it (like it does for every type you
associate with Open With...), not the default logo. Does anybody
now how I can get the icon back to the 'proper' Word one? It isn't a
problem, as such, but it would be nice to get it fixed. One suggestion I had
before was to go to Tools Folder Options File Types but there is no File
Types option. Another was to reregister Word (winword.exe /r) but that
doesn't work either.Any help is welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As has previously been explained, the default icon for Word documents *is* a
sheet of paper with the Word logo on it. So what you have described seems to
be the correct icon.

"Ross Clarke" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Ross,

You haven't mentioned the version of Windows you're using. If Vista, then there wouldn't be a File Types tab in Windows Explorer.

In the control panel, try Programs and the choices for File Associations under 'Default Programs' to change an association. For
the icon try selecting the file in Windows explorer, right click and choose Properties, then 'Customize'.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

display of embedded graphics lags, sometimes they will not display kl Microsoft Word Help 1 December 21st 05 08:09 PM
Word Icon scederberg Microsoft Word Help 1 September 15th 05 05:34 AM
Word Icon Gibbyfk4 Microsoft Word Help 6 August 1st 05 04:26 PM
can I get the Word icon anywhere? rottweiler Microsoft Word Help 1 July 4th 05 04:34 AM
Word doesn't display "W" icon when open DOC file krassi69 Microsoft Word Help 0 June 1st 05 08:23 AM