Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
don don is offline

Default Macro for Merriam-Webster Dictionary doesn't work any more.

The macro used to work when I used XP, but it doesn't work in Vista. The
dictionary is installed and working and word '97 works fine, but when I hit
the button on the toolbar to use the marco, I get the error "run-time error
70. Permission denied.". I've removed and reinstalled everything several
times, including word the dictionary and the macro, but no help. Originally
the problem appeared to be related to the lack of a file Veenlr3.hlp, but I
downloaded it and put it into the correct (VBA) folder.

This Veen file is not locked...not secure. I've checked that.

The problem seemed to be related to a change in help files of some kind that
Vista causes, so I tried to download "Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for
Windows Vista" (Windows6.0-KB917607-x86.msu ) but it would not run (Error
message was: "The update does not apply to your system.")

I'm lost. I should mention that I'm an old duffer and not at all a computer
whiz.

Thanks in advance.