Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rw003 rw003 is offline

Default Printing Problems

Word 2003 won't acknowledge I changed a print cartridge. (HP C6280 printer).
Continues to prompt me to print in black only until I replace yellow
cartridge. I have changed in numerous times. The printer shows it was
replaced and the ink levels are okay. Why won't Word reset? What do I need
to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You may find this setting devilishly hard to track down. I looked in both
Printing Preferences and Properties for my DJ6122 without finding it. There
is a desktop shortcut (which is *not* on the Start menu) for the 6122
printer assistant, and if I double-click on that and choose Printer
Maintenance, then Configure Printer, then Configure, then Configure Status
Messages, I finally get to a dialog that allows me to opt in or out of
certain dialog warnings, though they don't seem to indicate the ink level
ones. At any rate, maybe this will help you find the settings you need.