Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nmcclain nmcclain is offline

Default how do - printing hidden formatting symbols for editing of word d

how do you print hidden formatting symbos for editing of word docs?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You don't. "Nonprinting characters" are just that. The only way to preserve
them is with a screen shot.

"nmcclain" wrote in message
how do you print hidden formatting symbos for editing of word docs?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Or by inserting them as symbols in the text, I guess. For example, you can
search for ^p and replace it with ¶^&.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"nmcclain" wrote in message
how do you print hidden formatting symbos for editing of word docs?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can do this for paragraph marks and spaces (though if you do it for
*all* spaces, you'll end up with very weird line breaks), but it doesn't
work so well for tabs and would be very problematic for some of the rest of
the NPC.