Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jeff Martin Jeff Martin is offline

Default Word Crashes trying to do Mail Merge

Message: I am trying to do a mail merge using Word 2007.
I select Mailings then Start Mail Merge and then Step by Step Mail Merge
Wizard
Then I click Starting Documents and then I select Select Recipients. At this
time I located my excel spreadsheet and then Word 2007 crashes. I get one of
those annoying boxes that says "Microsoft Office Word has stopped Working" A
proglem cause the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the
program and notify you if a solution is available.

I tried uninstalling Office 2007 and installing the software again and
received the same result. Can you provide me with instructions on what to do?
I noticed even though I uninstalled office, and then installed office it
still retrieved my previous word documents. if I did an uninstall why doesn't
it remove all the history.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Re-installing Word rarely achieves anything useful and does not remove any
personalisations. Start by renaming normal.dotm to normal.dotm.old and then
see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm with resepect to
temporary files. Check out too whether you have any incompatible or broken
add-ins.