Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dace Dace is offline

Default Problem with Formatting

I have a problem with formatting a word document in Office 2003. The
numbering system done automatically by Word is out of order. I have
everything working up to section 2.5 but then despite setting the next header
(which correctly get's labelled 3) the next subsection is named 2.6 rather
than 3.1, is there anyway to force it to redo this? I tried removing all
formatting but this affects everything and not just the section headers which
means it would take to long to redo.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html for clear
instructions on how to control the outline numbering, especially the section
"2.1 Set up the levels and link your styles" and working the levels from with
the Heading 1 style.
Hope this helps
DeanH