Cazz1066

Default How do I restore my toolbar and menu bar on Windows 98

I dont show any of the toolbarbuttons or menu buttons so instructions saying
'press tools button' are absolutely no good. I guess the 'Normal.do'
template has been damaged but I can not find that either - please help!!!!!!
garfield-n-odie

Hi, Cazz. It's just a minor registry problem. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissngMenusEtc.htm .

"Cazz1066" wrote:

I dont show any of the toolbarbuttons or menu buttons so instructions saying
'press tools button' are absolutely no good. I guess the 'Normal.do'
template has been damaged but I can not find that either - please help!!!!!!

bikerbabe

I could be off here but it sounds like maybe you accidently flipped into full
screen view. If that's the problem, you should be able to move your mouse up
to the top of your screen (top of the document window) and a menu bar should
roll down. Click the view button and then Full Screen and your toolbars
should come back. I hope that works or that you already got it back.

"Cazz1066" wrote:

I dont show any of the toolbarbuttons or menu buttons so instructions saying
'press tools button' are absolutely no good. I guess the 'Normal.do'
template has been damaged but I can not find that either - please help!!!!!!

Cazz1066

Hi Garfield,
Thanks heaps it worked, by the way do you know how to open a programme file
with the extension .iso
Cazz

"Cazz1066" wrote:

I dont show any of the toolbarbuttons or menu buttons so instructions saying
'press tools button' are absolutely no good. I guess the 'Normal.do'
template has been damaged but I can not find that either - please help!!!!!!

garfield-n-odie

Many different programs create .iso files. See
http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=ISO and
for a list. Unfortunately, I don't think Word can open any of them.

"Cazz1066" wrote:

I dont show any of the toolbarbuttons or menu buttons so instructions saying
'press tools button' are absolutely no good. I guess the 'Normal.do'
template has been damaged but I can not find that either - please help!!!!!!

Graham Mayor

ISO files are disc image files. Normally these are intended to be burned to
disc with software such as Nero, though they can be opened (much like ZIP
files) using software capable of opening them such as WinRAR or IsoBuster.

"Cazz1066" wrote:

I dont show any of the toolbarbuttons or menu buttons so
instructions saying 'press tools button' are absolutely no good. I
guess the 'Normal.do' template has been damaged but I can not find
that either - please help!!!!!!

Graham Mayor

It seems you are responding somewhat belatedly as the original thread has
expired from my newsreader, but the usual cause of missing menus is registry
corruption and full screen switching will not help -
See http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

Web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site www.mvps.org/word

"Cazz1066" wrote:

I dont show any of the toolbarbuttons or menu buttons so
instructions saying 'press tools button' are absolutely no good. I
guess the 'Normal.do' template has been damaged but I can not find
that either - please help!!!!!!

DAWNSTERN

DEAR GARFIELD:
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
YOUR SOLUTION WORKED!!!
I WAS STRUGGLING WITH THIS PROBLEM FOR TOO LONG & AM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL TO
YOU!!!
BLESSINGS TO YOU,
DAWN STERN

"Cazz1066" wrote:

I dont show any of the toolbarbuttons or menu buttons so instructions saying
'press tools button' are absolutely no good. I guess the 'Normal.do'
template has been damaged but I can not find that either - please help!!!!!!

Blaze

I 've got a friend (our scoutmaster!) with a similar problem, on XP. He opens
anything in word, as gets a blank screen for typing, and the scrollbars and
those buttons on the left, but the menu and tools at the top are gone. He'd
tried uninstalling/reinstalling, it still shows nothing.
The punchline is: This is only on his admin account. His wife & kid's
various accounts open word normally.