Whitebear

Default Backing up Word to disk HELP

I have been working on some charts and schedules for work. I have been saving
them to a CD-RW as a backup. The problem is, when I change something on the
word document, I then need to change it on my backup, or delete the older
version of the backup. It won't let me delete individual files off the
backup disk because it says they are "Read-Only". It WILL let me erase the
entire disk, but not individual files or folders, because they are read only.
So how do I erase these word docs individually? I clicked on properties to
change the docs to NOT read-only, but when I click back on it, it goes right
back to read only. by default. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Jezebel

This approach to back-up is more likely to do harm than good. NEVER write
directly from Word to a removable disk, neither CD nor floppy.

As for the specific issue: that's nothing to do with Word anyway. It's a
function of your CD-RW software.