Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andrew R Andrew R is offline

Default word adding additional text merging e-mail address from access

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the Access database field properties for the e-mail address
and it is not marked as a hyperlink.
The e-mail address displays OK in Access, it is only when it is imported
into Word (or Excel) that the #http//address)# gets added after the address.

Andrew R

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

It sounds as if your e-mail address is stored in an Access hyperlink field.
If so,
a. does it need to be? Can you change it to be a text field? Or add a text
field that just contains the address?
b. you can always create a queryin Access to strip off everything after the
"#"

Peter Jamieson

"Andrew R" Andrew wrote in message
I am trying to mailmerge a Word document with data from an Access database.
All imports OK except e-mail (and web) addresses.
I get the actual e-mail address from the database but Word (and Excel)
also
adds on the email address within # marks with http:// prefixing it (ie
#a href="http://n...pany.co.uk/a
#).
When it comes to send the merged document it will not send as Outlook does
not recognise the e-mail address.
How do I remove the # marks and the address between them?