Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default "Hard" space; "hard" hyphen

I wouldn't have any great hopes for finding them in Help, but what
you're looking for is called "non-breaking space" and "non-breaking
hyphen" -- typed as Greg indicated.

On Dec 13, 3:58*pm, Libby wrote:
I know this is probably a dumb question, but I absolutely cannot find out how
to create what I know as a "hard" space or a "hard" hyphen. *This is when you
want text within a paragraph kept together and wrapped to the next line. *
i.e., Mr. Smith: I don't want Mr. at the end of one line and Smith on the
next line; and i.e., a phone number 999-888-8888. *I don't want any of the
numbers on different lines. i.e., 999- at the end of one line and 888-8888 on
the following line. *I have searched Help for every option I can think of to
no avail.