Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bliss Bliss is offline

Default Drop down questions for Word

I can create drop downs in Word, but I'd like to alter so that when a
specific item in the drop down is selected, it then brings up a text box
field. For example, if the last item in the drop down is "Other," if someone
selects "Other" I'd like it to then ask for a text description. Possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 08:40:01 -0700, Bliss
wrote:

I can create drop downs in Word, but I'd like to alter so that when a
specific item in the drop down is selected, it then brings up a text box
field. For example, if the last item in the drop down is "Other," if someone
selects "Other" I'd like it to then ask for a text description. Possible?

It's possible, but it takes a fair bit of doing with a macro. However,
there's no way to ensure that everyone who fills in your form allows
macros to run.

Before you go to all that effort, maybe for nothing, why not just put
a text box there so it's always available, and put some text next to
it saying "If you answered 'Other', please explain" or something to
that effect.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman