Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LDuncan LDuncan is offline

Default Unable to create Table of Figures or Tables

I have inserted table and figure captions throughout a 400 page report using
Microsoft Word 2007. When I try to enter table of figures/tables in the
Table of Contents only one caption appears. Nothing is located in text boxes
and the figures are "in line with text". Please respond ASAP. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you created the table of figures (table of tables), did you use the
caption label as a basis? If so, something might have happened with the
captions. You may want to show field codes by pressing Alt+F9 (acts as a
toggle) and verify that all figures have field codes similar to { SEQ
Figure } and that tables have field codes similar to { SEQ Table }.

On the other hand, if your table of figures is generated from styles, make
sure that the correct paragraph style is applied to the captions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LDuncan" wrote in message
I have inserted table and figure captions throughout a 400 page report
using Microsoft Word 2007. When I try to enter table of figures/tables in
the Table of Contents only one caption appears. Nothing is located in text
boxes and the figures are "in line with text". Please respond ASAP.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LDuncan LDuncan is offline

Yes. I insert a caption and then selected either Figure or Table. When I
show the field codes this is what shows up: SEQ Figure \* ARABIC or SEQ Table
\* ARABIC. When I click on all of the captions, the "caption" style is
highlighted. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks!

"LDuncan" wrote in message
I have inserted table and figure captions throughout a 400 page report
using Microsoft Word 2007. When I try to enter table of figures/tables in
the Table of Contents only one caption appears. Nothing is located in text
boxes and the figures are "in line with text". Please respond ASAP.
Thanks!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What is the field code for the table of figures?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LDuncan" wrote in message
I have inserted table and figure captions throughout a 400 page report
using Microsoft Word 2007. When I try to enter table of figures/tables
in
the Table of Contents only one caption appears. Nothing is located in
text
boxes and the figures are "in line with text". Please respond ASAP.
Thanks!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LDuncan LDuncan is offline

The field code for the table of figures is {TOC \h \z \c "Figure"}

It's weird because only the first caption appears in the Table of Figures,
nothing else. The field code for the caption that appears in the Table of
Figures is SEQ Figure \* ARABIC. That is also the field code for all other
captions.

"LDuncan" wrote in message
I have inserted table and figure captions throughout a 400 page report
using Microsoft Word 2007. When I try to enter table of figures/tables
in
the Table of Contents only one caption appears. Nothing is located in
text
boxes and the figures are "in line with text". Please respond ASAP.
Thanks!

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The field codes seem correct.

What precedes the SEQ field in the captions? Make sure that the word
"Figure" is included (if it's missing in one of the captions, Word may omit
captions from the table of figures). For example:

Figure { SEQ Figure \* ARABIC } Text of figure here.

You may also want to make sure that none of the figures have been
inadvertently formatted as hidden.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP