Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
donna

Default Mail merge directory using excel file

I am trying to create a directory with names and addresses, using an excel
file. I can do the whole thing except for one part. Each page has 2
columns. I would like each name and address to be across from another one so
they line up. ie.
Jane doe John Doe
123 main st 456 Main st
anytown, USA Box 234
Any town USA

The name that comes after Jane Doe will be one line higher than the name
that come after John Doe. How do I get them to line up? I am using Excel
and Word 2003. Please be very specific. Don't assume I know anything.
Someone suggested I go to http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm.
That was way over my head. I couldn't get it to work.