Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
miserybob

Default limited user, no spellcheck.

When I log into XP as a limited user, Word has no spellcheck. Why? Clicking
the 'checkmark' icon has no effect, and the spelling and grammar tab is
greyed out under 'Tools - Options'.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

If you have this problem in Word 97, then see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257643 "WD97: Spelling,
Grammar Not Available in Word Running on Window 2000 or Windows XP".