Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jerry W. Lewis Jerry W. Lewis is offline

Default How to turn off "smart quotes"

The '"Straight quotes" with "smart quotes"' checkbox under
Tools|AutoCorrect Options...|AutoFormat
seems to have no impact on what appears when I press the quote key. No
quote marks appear in the AutoCorrect list under
Tools|AutoCorrect Options...|AutoCorrect

That exhausts the advice that I have found in Help. I am using Office 2003
SP2 under Win XP Pro SP2.

Jerry
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word, click on Tools | Autocorrect Options | Autoformat As You Type
tab | uncheck the "Straight quotes with smart quotes" box | Autoformat
tab | uncheck the "Straight quotes with smart quotes" box | OK.

Jerry W. Lewis wrote:

The '"Straight quotes" with "smart quotes"' checkbox under
Tools|AutoCorrect Options...|AutoFormat
seems to have no impact on what appears when I press the quote key. No
quote marks appear in the AutoCorrect list under
Tools|AutoCorrect Options...|AutoCorrect

That exhausts the advice that I have found in Help. I am using Office 2003
SP2 under Win XP Pro SP2.

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jerry W. Lewis Jerry W. Lewis is offline

Thanks for the quick reply, but as stated in the original post, I already
tried that and it didn't work. Perhaps this is a bug is 2003 SP2?

Jerry

Jerry W. Lewis wrote:

The '"Straight quotes" with "smart quotes"' checkbox under
Tools|AutoCorrect Options...|AutoFormat
seems to have no impact on what appears when I press the quote key. No
quote marks appear in the AutoCorrect list under
Tools|AutoCorrect Options...|AutoCorrect

That exhausts the advice that I have found in Help. I am using Office 2003
SP2 under Win XP Pro SP2.

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jerry W. Lewis Jerry W. Lewis is offline

Good catch! I had never noticed that there was an option to autoformat after
the fact.

Thanks,
Jerry