Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stranded in Minneapolis[_2_] Stranded in Minneapolis[_2_] is offline

Default All of a sudden printing multiple files does not work! Any ideas?

Our organization, until just a few weeks ago, could do CTRL A in a folder and
then right-click, Print and all of the docs would print, no matter what file
type it was, i.e., doc, xls, pdf, txt. Recently we got new printers and a
whole mess of Windows Updates to our WinXPSP2 systems. Now, when we try the
above scenario, nothing happens, no printing, no print dialog, no nothing.
If we just have one file selected, however, then that file will print as
expected. We haven't been able to find any help on this subject, can you
shed any light on it. The new printers are network printers and they are all
HP LaserJet 4250/4350 Series printers. The workstations are Dell OptiPlex
745 Pentium Ds all running WindowsXP Professional SP2. Any help would be
appreciated. thank you. I didn't see a category for this, so I chose Word.
In actuality, this happens with Windows Explorer with no programs open.