Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Default check box and edit text

Never mind. I had to come out of design mode for the button to become
active.

"BK" wrote in message
In Word 2007

Having trouble protecting the form so that users can only click the check
box and enter text in the provided place. When I click the "protect form"
button on the developer ribbon, I set it to only allow the filling out of
the form, but then the button to enable this setting is grayed out.

"PamC via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
Developer tab tools legacy tools. If the developer ribbon is not
showing
add it by going to Office button Word options show developer tab in
ribbon.

PamC

BK wrote:
Any idea where I can find this in Word 2007? I know I can't just open
the
Forms toolbar, so I don't know where to look to have the ability to do
all
of this in 2007? The Interactive Guide that normally shows me where to
find
things in 2007 when I point to them on the 2003 screen doesn't have an
answer for this one.

Add a text form field next to the Other check box so that users can
enter
freeform text.
[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
I'm obviously missing something critical to this process of having
check
boxes AND additional text in a Word document. Can you help??