Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BayoIT BayoIT is offline

Default Double clicking to open Word XML files in Word, and Excel XML file

I have two documents with the same file extension (.xml) €“ one was created
with Word 2007 and saved as Word 2007 XML, and the other was created with
Excel 2007 and saved as Excel XML Spreadsheet 2003. When I double click the
Word XML document, it opens in Word 2007. However, if I double click the
Excel XML document, it also opens in Word (in the not-so-helpful XML view).
If I change the default program to Excel, then both files open in Excel.

Is there a way that I can double click and open Word XML files in Word, and
Excel XML files in Excel?