Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Badlands Badlands is offline

Default How do I get the cursor to return to previous position using key

Many programs allow the user to return to the previous position in a document
without liftinig the hand from the key board or needing to add bookmarks.
This feature is very helpful and time effective when cutting and pasting
material in documents. Does word have such a feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
epifstc epifstc is offline

Default return cursor to previous position

Shift+F5 worked for years on my Word 2003. Now that I'm that program on a Mac
with Parallels that doesn't work. This is the single most important command
missing in this environment. how can I fix this?

thanks

"Badlands" wrote in message
Many programs allow the user to return to the previous position in a
document
without liftinig the hand from the key board or needing to add bookmarks.
This feature is very helpful and time effective when cutting and pasting
material in documents. Does word have such a feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Since this seems to be a Mac-specific question, your best bet is to ask it
in a Macword NG (see
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/communi...id=newsgroups), but
if you have something comparable to Tools | Customize | Keyboard, you might
check to see if the GoBack command is listed; if so, you can assign a
keyboard shortcut.

"Badlands" wrote in message
Many programs allow the user to return to the previous position in a
document
without liftinig the hand from the key board or needing to add
bookmarks.
This feature is very helpful and time effective when cutting and
pasting
material in documents. Does word have such a feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
epifstc epifstc is offline

Great help, in an unexpected way. Using Word through Parallels it's still
heavily rooted in Windows, so the absence of a comparable fix through the Mac
system preferences was no problem. Following your lead about a GoBack command
under Customize| Keyboard I found the Ctrl-Alt-Z command for that and
programmed it in as a keyboard macro and it works perfectly. It's not quite
as instantaneous as Shift+F5 but it gets the job done. Parallels users take
note.

Thanks, Suzanne.

"Badlands" wrote in message
Many programs allow the user to return to the previous position in a
document
without liftinig the hand from the key board or needing to add
bookmarks.
This feature is very helpful and time effective when cutting and
pasting
material in documents. Does word have such a feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Badlands" wrote:

Many programs allow the user to return to the previous position in a document
without liftinig the hand from the key board or needing to add bookmarks.
This feature is very helpful and time effective when cutting and pasting
material in documents. Does word have such a feature.

It depends what you mean by "previous position" and what you did since you
were in that last position...

Have you tried SHIFT-F5 to return to the last edited point. It cycles
between the last three edited spots.