Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
figment figment is offline

Default maintain visability of borders in new doc

Banging my head here, new to the newer versions of Word and cant find how to
maintain a border that I always knew as a text boundary so that when opening
a new doc it is visible. I eventually found how to maintain fonts, paragraph
settings etc by going to the properties of each on the ribbon and then
hitting default but there is no properties for borders.
If I save doc1 with a border and open it from the file or from the open
command all is well but when opening a new doc it is missing again.
I have tried putting the border into normal doc but again it is missing when
using open new. On older versions of word I just set it as text boundary in
the page set-up and then hit default, but I am at a loss with the new
versions how to do this. Any Help greatly appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Figment,

If you're referring to the non printing Text Boundary that was in
Tools=Options=View
through Word 2003, in Word 2007 it's in
Office Button=Word Options=Advanced=Show Document Content
and turn on the 'Show text boundaries' setting.

If you're looking for the 'Borders' button that was in
File=Page Setup=Layout
through Word 2003, in Word 2007 one way to get to it via the Ribbon is
Page Layout Tab and on the bottom of the Page Setup group click on the 'launcher' [square button at the bottom right of the group
name]

=======
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

What you want is not a Border - borders are specific to the doc in which you
apply them. You want Text Boundaries, which won't be found on the Ribbon.

Click the Office button, then click the Word Options button. In the Options
window select the Advanced category from the left list then scroll in the
right pane to the "Show document content" group & tick the box for "Show
Text Boundaries". That setting will apply for all documents.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/4/08 6:47 AM, in article