Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Userneedshelp

Default text prints right normally but wrong color in envelope mode

When I print an address on a page it comes out in black type as it should.
When I print an envelope (in Word 2003)the text comes out a sort of red color
instead of black. The printer is a Dell A920 all in one. About a month ago
it worked right in envelope mode but now consistently prints the wrong color.
Anyone know what's causing this? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Some printers (and I would guess yours is one) print envelopes using a
composite black (made up of the colors in the color cartridge) instead of
true black from the black cartridge. When the color cartridge starts running
out of colors unevenly, this becomes especially noticeable in text that is
supposed to be black.