Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chi Chi is offline

Default header

Hi,

I have a Word file that has 15 pages. I would like to insert a header on the
last page only. Please help

Thanks
Chi
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Add the following field to the header: { IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "header
contents here" }.

To create each pair of field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9. Type the code
as shown. Press F9 to update.

In order to show/hide field codes, use Alt+F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Chi" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a Word file that has 15 pages. I would like to insert a header on
the
last page only. Please help

Thanks
Chi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Chi wrote:
Hi,

I have a Word file that has 15 pages. I would like to insert a header
on the last page only. Please help

Thanks
Chi

There are two possible techniques:

- Insert a section break at the beginning of the last page. Open the header
pane on that page and turn off the "Same As Previous" on the Header/Footer
toolbar (in Word 2007, "Link To Previous" on the Header & Footer Tools
ribbon). Put in the header information you want.

- Instead of having a separate section, insert a header within a field that
displays its result only on the last page. Using Ctrl+F9 to insert each set
of field braces, create a field like this:

{ IF {PAGE} = {NUMPAGES} "Show this text" }

Then press F9 to update the field.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

[...]

[...]