Art

Default Paragraph without new line

Hi,

Can I create a new paragraph without getting a new line. My purpose is that
I'd like to have styles handle formatting so that if I hit Enter, I will get
the next style, but not a new line.

For example, I'd like to have:

Topic: some descriptive stuff then some "see also" stuff.

Topic: I'd want in one font, with some characteristics. The other two
"sections" will have their own characteristics. Then I'll do another entry,
and so on.

I'd appreciate any help.

Art
CyberTaz

Hi Art-

Even though what you are asking might be done with code, it really isn't the
best solution... how would you start a new paragraph if Enter was
reprogrammed? Also, you can't have two paras on the same line, but let's try
another approach.

You can define the two styles you want to use for formatting, then create a
2-column table. Select the first column and apply "Style A", then select the
second column and apply "Style B". Use the Tab key to move from cell to cell,
and each will be formatted as you type. If you don't want the cell borders to
show, go to TableSelect Table, then FormatBorders and Shading to select
None.

HTH |:)

"Art" wrote:

Hi,

Can I create a new paragraph without getting a new line. My purpose is that
I'd like to have styles handle formatting so that if I hit Enter, I will get
the next style, but not a new line.

For example, I'd like to have:

Topic: some descriptive stuff then some "see also" stuff.

Topic: I'd want in one font, with some characteristics. The other two
"sections" will have their own characteristics. Then I'll do another entry,
and so on.

I'd appreciate any help.

Art

Art

Thanks -- but I don't think that will help. I don't know the width (in
advance) of any of this stuff. I also don't want to re-program Enter. I was
hoping that I could have 2 paragraphs on the same line (assuming that styles
must apply to entire paragraphs).

I do appreciate your taking the time to address my problem.

Thanks,

Art

"Art" wrote:

Hi,

Can I create a new paragraph without getting a new line. My purpose is that
I'd like to have styles handle formatting so that if I hit Enter, I will get
the next style, but not a new line.

For example, I'd like to have:

Topic: some descriptive stuff then some "see also" stuff.

Topic: I'd want in one font, with some characteristics. The other two
"sections" will have their own characteristics. Then I'll do another entry,
and so on.

I'd appreciate any help.

Art

Graham Mayor

You can have two styles on the same line, but not two paragraphs (other than
in a table). However you cannot switch between two styles within the same
paragraph using the enter key. You would have to deploy a keyboard shortcut
or two to apply them.